Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Murrrgghhh I fell off!!!

Well i fell off again on programming...but i've been picking that back up with LSDJ at least. I just lost focus on java programming man...it didn't have that same impact as C# was having for me despite both being essentially the same thing...

I've been diving more into tables, wave forms, grooves, and transposing and they make the world of difference and it's such a verbose and small program man...i love it.

Like in a table i transpose it like so

TSP CMD
00    --
05    --
07    --
    H --

Gives me this very cool melodic C Chord.

Then i toyed around with envelopes where i would do

E 88
    --
     |
     |
    --
E 18

(Sorry i'm quick hand writing this at work. Basically it's every other step is an Envelope decreasing by 10. So 88, --, 78, --, 68, etc...)

And it gives me a nice fade out effect i've been looking for. I feel i've used it before but it feels good to know what the heck i'm doing now.


Another neat treak i've noticed an0va use was the W |¯|_ adjustments. I actually did this before! And thought it was actually a useless tactict and apparently it is not! Imagine how i felt when i found out an0va used this and i'm like o_o. He used it in such an amazing way however XD.

Let's see...what else....OH IMPORTANTLY! Fucking...Groove.

Groove on the LSDJ is probably the most genius thing on that piece of software. it gives you that element of full control of how many ticks are played in your phrase.

Phrases go by the usual 1/4 notes, 1/8 notes, 1/16 notes and then even smaller. The ticks. Each note gets 6 ticks. Think of it this way...

When you strum a guitar you can either do it note by note 1/4 note or as fast as you can. 1/16.

So i kinda was mashing things together and i got some VERY surprising and smile worthy results out of it. I love this damned program...it's versatile yet so small and limiting. It's great =3. Okay back to work for me.

No comments: